| Problem Summary
|| Callers do not hear a TTS prompt when a TTS prompt is expected.
| Error Message
| Possible Cause
|| The cause of the problem might be one of the following:
- The language specified in the Override Language field in the TTS Prompt step is not available.
- The text referenced in the Text Input expression is larger than 20 KB.
- There are not enough MRCP TTS licenses for the MRCP TTS Provider that is being used. Licensing can be implemented in different ways by different MRCP TTS vendors. It may happen that depending on the licensing scheme of the vendor there may not be enough MRCP TTS licenses configured for the language being used.
- When using multiple TTS providers, each with a different set of supported languages, the appropriate TTS provider (the one that supports the desired language) might not get used. This might be because the provider is not selected as the Default TTS provider and therefore some other provider might get used.
| Recommended Action
Depending upon the cause, do one of the following:
- If the language specified is not available, from the Cisco Unified CCX Administration web page, choose Subsystems > MRCP TTS and check whether the MRCP TTS server for the Override Language is configured. If it is not, configure a new MRCP TTS server with the desired language and then reload the corresponding MRCP Provider.
- Text larger than 20 KB is not allowed. Make sure that you are using less than 20 KB of text.
- If necessary, obtain a license for additional MRCP TTS ports from the MRCP TTS vendor.
- If the default TTS provider is not being used, configure the Default TTS Provider field using Cisco Unified CCX Administration. Go to System > System Parameters and select the desired TTS provider. Or using the Cisco Unified CCX Editor Create TTS Prompt step, explicitly specify the desired TTS provider in the Overrride TTS Provider field. If using VXML scripts, specify the desired TTS provider for Nuance Vocalizer 3.0, and the configure it as follows:
- <property name="com.cisco.tts.provider" value="Nuance Vocalizer 3.0"/>
|| Release 7.0(1)
| Associated CDETS #