Mozilla Firefox version 3.5 or later - Supported
There are no known defects with this browser. This browser is fully supported.
Internet Explorer version 8 - Supported
IE8 is supported for customer and agent chat only and has one known issue:
- Chat Form Error redirect doesn't work in IE.
Internet Explorer version 8 or later - Not Supported
- There is a memory leak with the search/list UI shown in all of the configuration gadgets (Feeds, Configuration, Notifications, Filters). If IE is left open to one of these pages, it will eventually lock up after running out of memory. (This might take several hours.) This memory leak does not happen with the Home tab (Campaign Results)
- The Feeds gadget opens very slowly when a larger number of feeds have been configured.
- SocialMiner does not display correctly if Compatibility Mode is turned on. You must turn off Compatibility Mode (from Tools).
- Real-time updates do not work in Internet Explorer version 9 until you make these edits:
- Enable F12 developer tools (a submenu under Tools).
- In the Document Mode IE9 standards menu, uncheck Internet Explorer 9 standards (Page default) and check Internet Explorer 8 standards.
- The Add/Edit Campaign gadget arrow buttons don't work in IE.
- No delete successful message appears in IE after editing and removing a feed.
Internet Explorer version 7 and earlier - Not Supported
You will not be able to access Cisco SocialMiner with this browser. The web server will block your browser.
Chrome - Not Supported
- When you press Enter to add a tag to a social contact in the campaign, you see the following error: Missing or malformed url parameter. That is the only text that appears in the gadget. You must reload the page to get the gadget back to a working state.
- The Twitter Account authorization does not work with Chrome. The new browser tab with the twitter.com page does not open. You cannot manually open it. You must use a different browser when setting up a Twitter Account Feed.
- Bookmarklet (8.5(4)) doesn't work with Chrome
Safari - Not Supported
This browser is not supported.
Definitions and Terminology
Supported: Tested by the Cisco development team and supported by Cisco TAC
Not Supported: This browser is not included in the Cisco testing process and errors in this browser will not be troubleshooted by TAC. If you do use this browser, then we encourage you to report defects by editing this page (Log in with your cisco.com account and then click edit).
Blocked: The web server blocks this browser type