SocialMiner Administration - SocialMiner system experiences intermittent network issues
(→SocialMiner system experiences intermittent network issues)
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 19:04, 16 December 2013
SocialMiner system experiences intermittent network issues
|Problem Summary|| SocialMiner systems running ESXi host 4.1 or 5.0 may experience intermittent network issues. Examples of these issues include:
• Unable to perform Chat and a timeout error is presented to the user.
• User sees an error related to not receiving real time updates in the user interface.
|Error Message|| Potential error messages that may be seen with this issue include:
• A timeout occurred loading the application. Refresh the browser or try again later. If problem persists, you may need to check your network connectivity.
• Your browser is currently not receiving real-time updates. Please try to refresh or contact your system administrator.
|Possible Cause||Large Received Offload (LRO) is not disabled on the host.|
|Recommended Action|| Check the ESXi "Net" settings and disable LRO on the host. LRO can be disabled on ESXi/ESX hosts using this procedure.
• Log in to the ESXi host or vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
• Navigate to the host in the inventory tree, and on the Configuration tab click Advanced Settings under Software.
• Select Net and scroll down until you reach parameters starting with Vmxnet.
• Set the following LRO parameters from 1 to 0:
• Reboot the ESXi/ESX host to apply the changes.
|Associated CDETS #||None|