| Problem Summary
|| A supervisor has clicked the silent monitor start button, the session seems active (monitored indicator in the agent real-time status window for voice) but there is no monitored audio. The message box shown in the previous symptom does not appear. Other agents may be monitored successfully.
| Error Message
| Possible Cause
- On rare occasions, if an agent logs into a desktop associated with a phone that already has an active call, the desktop may not be able to capture packets from that phone. This is due to the fact that the desktop does not know the IP address of the phone. The desktop automatically detects the address of the hardphone any time audio starts or stops on the phone (for example, call begins, hold, retrieve, call ends, and so forth). If the agent logs in after the call has already started, auto-detection does not take place. The desktop will assume that the phone is located at its last known address. If that address is incorrect, the desktop will be unable to capture packets. This problem will correct itself on the next call handled by the agent or when the agent performs an action that causes audio to start or stop.
- It may also be possible that WinPcap 3.0 cannot enumerate the network devices on the system. This causes CTI OS Agent Softphone to not initiate the silent monitor session and not forward voice to the CTI Toolkit IPCC Supervisor Desktop.
| Recommended Action
- This problem will correct itself on the next call handled by the agent or when the agent performs an action that causes audio to start or stop.
- To determine if this is the case, retrieve the CTI Toolkit Log from the agent’s computer and open it in a text editor. See if the following entries appear in the log file:
07/29/03 12:41:06.961 1800 CTIOSSoftphone CSilentMonitorManager::StartSMMonitoredMode,
(MonitoredDeviceID:2032 HeartBeatInterval:1 HeartbeatTimeout:3 MonitoringIPPort:8500)
07/29/03 12:41:06.961 1800 CTIOSSoftphone CSMSniffer::Initialize :
Pcap not available on system or Pcap found no network device :
07/29/03 12:41:06.961 1800 CTIOSSoftphone CCtiOsObject(01CB27C8)::ReportError( Code(-127) )
07/29/03 12:41:06.961 1800 CTIOSSoftphone CSilentMonitorManager::m_pSMSniffer( 01CCA7B0 ):
Error(268435458): Failed to initialize Sniffer
- If these entries are present, you need to install the newest version of WinPCap available. See Installing WinPcap in Chapter 2 of this document for details on how to install WinPcap. Note that Before you install the new WinPcap version, you need to uninstall WinPcap 3.0, restart the agent’s system, and then install the newer version.
- If these entries are not present, increase the tracing mask on the agent‘s computer to 0xf0f and try to silent monitor the agent again.
|| Release 7.5(x)
| Associated CDETS #