| Problem Summary
|| A supervisor has clicked the silent monitor start button and after a while a message box appears indicating the session has timed out
| Error Message
|| Error Code - 0x00000005
Silent monitor session terminated due to connection time out
| Possible Cause
|| Possible reasons:
- The agent is logged onto a connection profile, which has Silent Monitor disabled (see the section about connection profiles in the CTI OS System Manager’s Guide), that is, has the registry key “IPCCSilentMonitorEnabled” set to 0 (1 means enabled and is the default).
- The client selected for monitoring does not have silent monitor installed or does not support Silent Monitor (legacy client).
- The client is not available on the network. The client might have chosen to abort the CTI Toolkit software and close the CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop.
- On certain systems it is necessary to reboot after installing WinPCap, which is installed with Silent Monitor option on the CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop.
- The agent or supervisor is not running CTI OS Release 5.1 or later.
- On a Windows XP system, the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) must be disabled in order for the agent PC to receive heartbeat packets. The ports for CTI OS and silent monitor should be accessible via a firewall if supervisors and/or agents are connected to a remote switch.
| Recommended Action
|| Possible actions:
- Either change the PCCSilentMonitorEnabled key or use a different connection profile.
- Install the silent monitor feature or verify client compatibility.
- Ensure that the client is available on the network.
- Please reboot and try again.
- Verify the compatibilty of the software version being used.
- Check to ensure that the ICF on the agent PC is disabled. Ensure that the CTI OS ports and the silent monitor feature are accessible. See the following Microsoft website for more information on how to verify this setting and disable ICF: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/networking/icf.asp
See the Unified CCE Documentation Set, Release 7.5(1) page for further details on compatibility.
|| Release 7.5(x)
| Associated CDETS #