Reporting Server: The Reporting Server stops responding intermittently during re-installation
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== <> ==
Revision as of 06:56, 2 October 2013
<Reporting Server: The Reporting Server stops responding intermittently during re-installation>
|Problem Summary||The Reporting Server stops responding intermittently during reinstallation, as the Installshield does not delete the cache files retained in the C:\Cisco, C:\ Temp and %TEMP% folders during reinstallation.|
• The Reporting Server installation goes on forever.
• In the log file C:\Temp\CiscoUnifiedCVPDB.log , the "file has not yet got created. will continue too loop" message gets generated infinitely.
• In the %INFORMIXDATA% directory, all the files show 0 KB file size, even after 15 min from the start of installation.
|Possible Cause||The Installshield does not delete the cache files retained in C:\Cisco, C:\ Temp and %TEMP% folders during reinstallation, and thus the Reporting Server stops responding.|
1. From the Windows Task Manager end the "perl.exe" process. Now, the Reporting Server installation will resume.
2. Follow the instructions on the installer to complete the installation and perform a system restart.
4. Uninstall Unified CVP either from the Add or Remove Programs tool or by running the CVP Installer(setup.exe).
5. Restart the machine.
6. Delete the files that are retained in both the C:\Cisco and C:\ Temp folder.
7. Delete the temporary files in the system temp folder(%TEMP%).
8. Delete the "ibm" folder(If any) from C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86).
9. Remove the entry for "GSK Kit for SSL(64bit)" in Add or Remove Programs.
10. Run the clean.cvp.bat from media utilities.
11. Reinstall the CVP Reporting Server.
|Release||Release 9.0(1), Release 10.0(1)|
|Associated CDETS #||CSCuh03028|