Centralized Reporting is NOT possible when EIM/WIM 4.3 is integrated with UCCE
As of 4.3, the reporting capabilities can be summarized as follows:
|Real-time||Webview or CUIC|
Reference the 4.4(1) Administrator's Guide to Reports Console for details on reporting options available after 4.3.
Why can't Webview/CUIC be used for Historical Reporting in 4.3?
- When EIM submits a NEW_TASK to UCCE for routing, UCCE has no way of knowing if it has already seen this particular task before. Therefore, every single task is counted uniquely.
- This becomes a problem in scenarios involving auto-pushback or a break in the connection between EAAS and MR PIM (failover, restart, etc).
- All emails being re-submitted for routing will be counted again, resulting in historical email volume being double, triple, quadruple-counted, etc.
Where is EIM/WIM reporting data stored?
This depends on the version of SQL Server 2005 in use.
- In SQL Server 2005 Standard, reporting data is stored in the eGActiveDB.
- A job named "populatesmy_eGActiveDB" is created in SQL Server to summarize reporting data every 30 minutes.
- In SQL Server 2005 Enterprise, reporting data can be stored in a separate eGReportsDB. This dedicated reporting database can be co-located with the other databases, or offloaded to a different server.
- A job named "populatesmy_eGReportsDB" is created in SQL Server to summarize reporting data every 30 minutes.
EIM/WIM Summarization Jobs
- ALL EIM/WIM reports are Historical. They all run off of the "populatesmy_" Summarization Job running every 30 minutes in SQL Server.
- Summarization Job history can be viewed from Properties > General > View Job History
- Note that the job may only take a minute to run, but the data will not be reflected in the reports immediately. This can sometimes take up to one hour after the job completes.
- The only "real-time" data that can be gathered from EIM/WIM is the use of Supervisor Monitors. However, in an integrated environment, these monitors are slightly crippled.
- The supervisor monitor for email queues does not count activities in sub_status 4105 - so it will ignore all emails waiting for UCCE routing.
- Data adapters can be set up to work around this limitation, but to use these supervisors must have a separate Agent login.
What Webview reports are relevant in the light of not having CIM Real-Time reports available?
The 4.3 Administrator's Guide to Reports Console makes recommendations on what reports can be used.
- agent27: Agent Historical All Fields
- agent28: Agent Real Time All Fields
- caltyp23: Call Type Historical All Fields
- caltyp24: Call Type Real Time All Fields
- perskg28: Peripheral Skill Group Real Time All Fields
4.3(2) has a significant number of fixes in Engineering Specials that are a necessary baseline before troubleshooting any reporting-related issues. Also ensure that a nightly SQL job is scheduled to correct any incorrect reporting data (details in CSCtl75037).
- If issues remain after that baseline is achieved, start by focusing on one item. For example, if the report in question is a "by Queue" report, focus on a single queue.
- Reference the Administrator's Guide to Reports Console for definitions of each column.
- Check the Troubleshooting Guide for activity_status and activity_sub_status values that match that column's definition.
- Query egpl_casemgmt_activity in the eGActiveDB for activities in that particular queue matching the status criteria.
- Note that in a live system it will be impossible for the results of SQL queries to perfectly match the reports, as the activity counts are constantly changing.
- The Retriever is always pulling in new emails.
- Agents are always processing new activities.
- The ideal way around this is to halt EIM/WIM services after hours and make comparisons on a static system.
Assume we were focusing on QUEUE_ID 1039. We could create queries to compare a report from the most recent summarization job with the current number of activities in the database.
From the Reports Guide:
- Unassigned: Number of email activities in the queue that are in the unassigned state, at the end of the reporting time period. The column will also count email activities that got composed, save drafted, and transferred to a queue.
- Assigned: Number of email activities in the queue that are in the assigned state at the end of the reporting time period.
- Open: Number of email activities in the queue that are open at the end of the reporting time period. The column will also count email activities that got composed, save drafted, and transferred to a queue.
From the Troubleshooting Guide:
|4100||Ready for internal assignment|
|4105||Ready for Unified CCE routing|
SQL Queries to run against a static eGActiveDB:
SELECT count(*) as 'UNASSIGNED' FROM egpl_casemgmt_activity WHERE queue_id = 1039 AND activity_mode = 100 AND activity_status = 4000 AND activity_sub_status in(4100,4105) SELECT count(*) as 'ASSIGNED' FROM egpl_casemgmt_activity WHERE queue_id = 1039 AND activity_mode = 100 AND activity_status = 5000 AND activity_sub_status in (5100, 5900) SELECT count(*) as 'OPEN' FROM egpl_casemgmt_activity WHERE queue_id = 1039 AND activity_mode = 100 AND activity_status in (4000, 5000)