Replace CLK-7600 WS-C6509-V-E
Before you begin
You will need a phillips screwdriver, replacement CLK-7600, and ESD strap to complete this installation.
Caution Always use an ESD wrist strap when handling modules or coming into contact with internal components.
Caution You must remove all power from the Cisco 7600 series router before replacing the clock module.
Replacing the CLK-7600
1) Power down the switch.
2) On the back of the chassis is a large metal cover. Remove the 29 screws which hold this into place. Then remove the rear cover from the chassis. Refer to the following two pictures (not all of the screws are shown):
3) Connect the ESD strap.
4) Internal to the chassis there are 2 additional metal covers. Remove the 5 screws which hold the right cover in place (see photo). Once the screws are removed, lift the cover up and out towards you.
5) With the right cover removed, remove the two screws which hold the left cover in place (see photo). This cover can then be removed by lifting the cover up and out towards you.
6) With the left cover removed the CLK-7600 module is exposed. This photo shows its relative position in the chassis.
Remove the 3 screws which hold the clock module in place (see photo).
7) With the screws removed note the orientation of the clock module in the chassis. Pull the clock module rearward to remove it from the mounting connector. The following photo shows the clock module removed.
8) Remove the replacement clock module from the antistatic bag.
9) From this point forward installation is the reverse of the previous steps. Orient the clock module and use the mounting screw locations for alignment. Press the replacement clock module into the chassis.
10) Replace the 3 screws which hold the clock module in place.
11) Replace the left internal cover and the 2 retaining screws.
12) Replace the right internal cover and the 5 retaining screws.
13) Replace the rear cover of the chassis and the 29 retaining screws.