- Performance Routing (PfR) has many features, provides many services and has a great flexibility.
- This page lists the most common deployment scenarios.
Using PfR with latest simplification enhancements (Target Discovery, Simplification)
IOS 15.2(3)T and IOS-XE 3.6 and later support significant simplification enhancements, including Target Discovery and better default behavior - See PfR News for more information.
Using PfR before the simplification enhancements
Using IOS 15M/T or IOS-XE 3.x before IOS 15.2(3)T and IOS-XE 3.6
Enterprise Intranet Solution Guides:
- Basic - Load Balancing
- Enterprise - Advanced Load Balancing, Class Based Routing
- Enterprise - Data, Dual-homed to two IP-VPN Service Providers
- Enterprise - Dual VPN - Primary path on MPLS-VPN, secondary path on Public WAN with DMVPN
- Enterprise - Fast Failover
Internet Edge Solution Guides:
- Internet - Outbound Load Balancing
- Internet - Inbound Load Balancing
- Internet - Implementing Cost Policies