OpenStack:Essex Build Node
m (→Ubuntu Installation)
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Revision as of 19:32, 22 October 2012
The Build Node Deployment Guide provides instructions for deploying an OpenStack Build Node. The Build Node consists of several software components used to automate the deployment and management of an OpenStack environment.
The Build Node is based on the following software versions:
- Ubuntu: 12.04
- Cobbler: 2.2.2-0ubuntu33
- Puppet: 2.7.11
- DNSMASQ: 2.59-4
- NTP: 1:4.2.6.p3+dfsg-1ubuntu3.1
Ensure you have met the following prerequisites:
- Download the Ubuntu Precise ISO to a location that can be accessed by the Build Node CIMC: http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-12.04-server-amd64.iso
- Before starting the installation process, ensure that RAID is configured if a RAID Controller is present.
- Create a DNS entry for the name of the Build Node. Note: By default Puppet Agents expect to register to the Puppet Master with the name puppet. If the name of the Build Node is not puppet, ensure puppet.conf is configured with the correct name of the Build Node. This is typically accomplished using the cobbler-node.pp file.
- Time synchronization is required for proper operation of the system. Ensure you have at least one NTP server where nodes can pull time. Note: The default preseed file uses the UTC time zone, so ensure UTC is used for the Build Node or make the appropriate changes to the preseed file.
1. Open your web browser and log into the CIMC of the Build Node. 2. Select BIOS under the Server tab and ensure that the boot order starts with CD/DVD and then Hard Disk. Note: Since the Build Node is being built manually; PXE Boot is not a necessary boot option. 3. Launch the Virtual KVM and accept any security warnings that may appear. 4. Mount the Ubuntu Precise ISO by selecting the Virtual Media tab, click Add Image… and browse to the location of the Ubuntu Precise ISO previously downloaded (from the Prerequisites Section). Lastly, make sure the Mapped check box is checked.