Installation: Installation fails due to invalid IP address
The installation fails due to an invalid IP address
|Problem Summary|| The installation fails because an invalid or incorrect IP address was entered when the node was added to the cluster.|
|Error Message|| Installation failed due to invalid IP address.|
|Possible Causes|| An invalid or incorrect IP address was entered when the node was added to the cluster. |
|Recommended Action|| Use this procedue to correct an invalid secondary node IP address only while trying to add the node to a MediaSense cluster but before it has been installed. Do not use this procedure after the server has been installed.
1) Enter 'set network cluster server' on the primary server to update the MediaSense cluster configuration with the correct IP address for the server which was incorrectly configured:
set network cluster server ip 10.10.10.93 10.10.10.136
2) Enter 'show network cluster' to verify the interim cluster configuration:
3) Enter ' run sql select name,nodeid from ProcessNode' on the primary server to ensure that the IP address change is replicated to the secondary server database.
4) Reboot the primary server to update the local name resolution files including the hosts, rhosts, sqlhosts, and services.
5) Enter 'show network cluster' to verify the interim cluster configuration again:
6) Go to the MediaSense Server Configuration list on the Administration page and confirm that the correct ip address is now showing for the secondary server.
|Release||Release 8.5(4), Release 9.0(1).|
|Associated CDETS #|| None.|