Initial Start up issues
Initial Start up Issues
EAAS instance not starting
- Verify from the System Console if EAAS process is running. If not, start this service.
- Analyze JAVA exceptions that may have been logged in eg_log_<Server_name>_EAAS-process.log.
Listener instances not starting
- Analyze JAVA exceptions that may be logged in eg_log_<server_name>_Listener-process.log.
- Analyze JAVA exceptions that may be logged in eg_log_<server_name>_Application Server.log
When trying to create a new listener instance, the error “You have exceeded the maximum number of instances allowed for this partition” is returned.
- Increase the maximum limit for number of instances in the Listener Process administration section of System Console.
- Click on partition node, and increase the maximum allowable instances in the services section.
CIM looses connectivity to ICM
- How do I verify if EAAS instance is connected to the MR-PIM or verify that the MR link is active/enabled ?
- Check if the MR-PIM is active by checking the MR-PIM command prompt window [status should be ACTIVE]. In a duplexed configuration, one of the sides should be ACTIVE and the other one should be IDLE. For example, If MR PG side B is active, then MR PG A MR-PIM should remain idle
- Verify OPEN_REQ and OPEN_CONF messages in MR-PIM logs and check if ROUTING_ENABLED_EVENT is sent from MR-PIM to EAAS. CIM will start sending all route requests only after this message is sent by the MR-PIM to EAAS
- How do I verify if Listener instance is connected to CTI server ?
- Check for OPEN_REQ and OPEN_CONF messages in CTI server. Following fields in the OPEN_REQ message indicates that the OPEN_REQ message is sent by CIM listener instance :
Clientsignature: “Administrator” ApplicationPathID: <XXXX> - The application path ID of the CIM application instance.
- In CTI server log, Check for the ProcessARMAppPathUpRespMsg message which indicates that the application path members are enabled and active.
Trace: ProcessARMAppPathUpRespMsg -- InvokeID = 738279591, Status = 0, ApplicationPathID = 5000 AppPathMemberList = appPathMember count = 4 -> Depends on the number of MRDs configured in the system. MRDID/PeripheralID = ( 5000/5000, 5001/5000, 5002/5000, 5003/5000)
- How do I verify if Listener is connected to Cisco Media Blender ?
- From the CMB logs, check for the message : “Transport link is Up” – This message indicates that the RMI connection between CMB and Listener instance is active.
- There should be NO alerts in the CMB administration UI.