Identify Cluster Issues after IP and Hostname change
Identify Cluster Issues after IP/Hostname change
|Problem Summary||Identify Cluster Issues after IP/Hostname change|
Using CET tool check whether nodeconfig object and DB component config have been updated or not.
For following things a remote user will be needed to login to the server.
1. /opt/cisco/uccx/ClusterData/profile.ini on both nodes should be updated with new IP in case of IP Address change.
2. If it's a HA setup then /opt/cisco/uccx/conf/intraclustercomm.ips should be updated with new IP on other node in case of IP Address change.
3. /usr/local/cm/db/informix/etc/sqlhosts.uccx should be updated with new information.
4. In /opt/cisco/uccx/desktop/conf/sitesetup/prefs.cfg, LDAP Host 1, LDAP Host 2, and/or IOR HOSTNAME should have been updated with new IP in case of IP address change.
5. In /usr/local/thirdparty/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/TUP/CAD/Maintenance/TUP.ini, LDAP Server A and/or LDAP Server B should have been updated with new IP in case of IP address change.
|Associated CDETS #|