|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
FACT What's Coming?
Revision as of 23:19, 1 April 2008 by Fenton
As an Alpha release, this release of FACT is not feature-complete.
The following list contains some of the features that are unimplemented or incomplete:
- Prompts for user passwords if the credential files do not specify a password.
- Command-line editing, similar to HSM or SFS-OS command-line interface editing.
- Annotating LIDs and MLIDs.
- Monitoring logs--Similar to annotating except that the monitor will continue to watch for new messages.
- Monitor mode--FACT will run as a daemon to monitor logs and send their annotations back to the syslog.
- Port control--FACT will have the capability of enabling a port, disabling a port, or changing port speed and port width. All changes can be made with a single command, and all changes will be persistent.
- Firmware upgrades--FACT will have the capability of using a single command to upgrade firmware on a set of switches.
- Additional queries--The following commands will be added:
- show changes
- show isolated managed-nodes
- show multicast groups
- show routes
- The show changes command will compare the current scan against another scan and report network elements that have been added, removed, or moved.