Dissolving NIC teaming
Dissolving NIC Teaming on the CRS/IPCCX/UCCX servers -
Please follow this procedure to dissolve the NIC teaming on the IPCC Express server:
1) Stop the Cisco CRS Node Manager service. Set it to "Manual" startup.
2) Physically unplug both Ethernet connections from the server.
3) Dissolve the NIC teaming, as per the following published procedure:
4) Double click on the hp icon down by the system time or open the HP Network Configuration Utility. Select both NICs and choose Drop Assign the IP address (and the rest of the IP configuration) from the NIC Teaming to the primary NIC as defined in the CRS installation guide. ("Local Area connection"). Confirm that the 2nd NIC ("Local Area Connection 2") does NOT have a static IP address configured on it and that it is disabled. Also, check the binding order of the NIC's (Advanced > Advanced Settings from the "Network and Dial-Up Connections" window) and confirm that the primary NIC is listed first followed by the secondary NIC.
5) Shut down the server.
6) Reconnect the network cables
7) Boot the server back up. (No CRS services will start up because CRS Node Manager is still set to Manual.)
8) Launch C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe.
• Confirm that the proper IP address appears as "Primary" and click OK. • Wait a few seconds • "Error connecting to Directory Service ..." message pops up. Click "No". • On the "VoIP Network Device" tab, select the enabled NIC from the drop-down list (even if the right one appears to be already selected, actually pull down the drop down list and select the correct choice from that list again). • Click Apply, and then shut down the tool.
9) Set the CRS Node Manager service to Automatic startup again.
10) Reboot the server one more time.