|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
- If Auto Responses are used, increase the workflow partition setting for max Auto Response number/count (see screenshot for Workflow Partition Settings)
- Don’t use completion node in Outbound workflows
- Don’t write Update statements for Activity and Case attributes in custom rules
- Programmatically set it in memory, by using SetAttribute
- Don’t use Custom Statuses. Rather, use Custom Attributes.
Dispatcher not able to connect to server
- Is the server down?
- Was SMTP or ESMTP service ever stopped?
- At the SMTP/ESMTP level, check maximum number of connections allowed for the SMTP/ESMTP server.
Operation timed out while connecting to the server
- Increase the Dx socket timeout in <Unified EIM / Unified WIM Install Dir>/config/dispatcher/egpl_dispatcherconfig.properties file. (Maximum recommended = 5 minutes)
eg_log_<server_name>_dx-process.log file contains message "550 5.0.0 Please call the helpdesk for access to this mail relay."
- Services server IP address should be added to ACL for allowing SMTP relay. Contact IT support for this.
eg_log_<Server_name>_dx-process.logfile contains message “550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for …”
- Services server IP address should be added to ACL for allowing SMTP relay. Contact IT support for this
eg_log_<server_name>_dx-process.log file contains message “554 Message refused”
- E-Mail refused by SMTP server – Spam, Virus or Restricted attachment at server
eg_log_<server_name>_dx-process.logfile contains message “550-Potentially executable content. If you meant to send this file then please package it up as a zip file and resend it”
- E-Mail contains attachment perceived as malicious by SMTP server
- Delete the attachment so that E-Mail gets delivered without attachment, by running the following query on Active DB:
- update egpl_casemgmt_activity set num_attachments=0 where activity_id = <provide activity_id>
eg_log_<server_name>_dx-process.log file contains message “552 Message size exceeds maximum permitted”
- Server rejecting mails higher than allowed size (allowed size is controlled by the Max body size for dispatcher partition setting).
- Mails keep getting retried – so increase size limit or delete large attachment
- Connect at port 25; EHLO, 250-SIZE XXX, MAIL FROM:<some_E-Mail_address> SIZE=XXX
eg_log_<server_name>_dx-process.logfile contains message “550 Unauthenticated relaying not allowed(#5.7.1)”
- Server expects ESMTP protocol while alias is configured for SMTP.