| Problem Summary
|| After a fresh installation of Finesse, agents cannot sign in to the desktop.
| Error Message
|| Invalid username or password. Please try again.
| Possible Cause
Common issues include
- Username or password is incorrect.
- The Domain was not configured during installation.
- The agent is not properly configured in Unified CCE.
- The AWDB is not configured correctly.
- Cisco Tomcat was not restarted after configuration.
- The agent's device is not configured correctly in Unified CM.
| Recommended Action
- Verify that the username and password is correct.
- Verify that a valid domain was configured during installation and that forward and reverse DNS are set up correctly. To check if DNS was configured during installation, check the install.log for the following:
InstallWizard|USER_ACTION_BTN_PUSH: Screen = DNS Client Configuration, button pushed = No|<LVL::Info
The preceding message indicates that DNS was not configured during the installation. If this is the case, reinstall Finesse and configure the DNS with a valid domain. For information about collecting Finesse logs, see the section "Commands Supported for Cisco Finesse" in the
User Guide for the Cisco Finesse Administration and Serviceability Consoles.
- Verify that the agent has been configured in Unified CCE.
- Verify that AWDB is configured with a Windows Domain user and the SQL server is configured for Windows authentication.
- Restart Cisco Tomcat on the primary and secondary Finesse servers.
- Verify that the agent's device is properly configured in Unified CM and is active.
|| Release 8.5(3), Release 9.0(1)
| Associated CDETS #