All of the below JSPs are available out-of-the-box, but are not officially supported and should be used for troubleshooting purposes only.
- Shows the link status of UCCE connections
- This differs from the System console (partition 0) which shows process/instance status. In this case, the EAAS process and instance are both running, but the link to UCCE is down.
- Matches CIM processes up with java.exe or javaw.exe in Windows Task Manager
- Status of Remote Method Invocation (RMI) connections between components
- Session info for all agents logged into a partition, including attached Application Server
The main Diagnostic Page provides information on:
- License Information
- DSM Services
- Misc. Application Server
- Messaging Server
- Database Server
- Database Query
Once the diagnostic is run the page is stored in html format on the File Server in the following directory:
- Allows you to bypass the Web Server and log in to the agent console directly through the app server.
- This is a good troubleshooting step for isolating “Page cannot be displayed” errors.
- JBoss Tomcat Status for Application Server
- Allows monitoring of JBoss thread count
- Also applies to Messaging Server: http://<File Server>:9001/status/