Cisco WAAS Troubleshooting Guide for Release 4.1.3 and Later -- Troubleshooting Application Acceleration
This article describes a general troubleshooting methodology for all application accelerators.
WAAS provides several application accelerators (also known as AOs) that accelerate various TCP protocols such as CIFS, HTTP, NFS, EPM, MAPI, SSL, and live streaming video (RTSP). These application accelerators do not accelerate specific applications, but rather they accelerate any application that uses the specified protocol.
This article describes a general troubleshooting methodology for all AOs.
General Troubleshooting Methodology for AOs
The following general troubleshooting methodology applies to all AOs:
- Verify the AO configuration and operational state.
- Verify the Application Traffic Policy configuration for the AO.
- Check the global and AO-specific statistics.
- Verify that connections are handled/optimized by the AO.
- Debug and trace connection-specific AO statistics.
To verify the configuration and operational status of all AOs, use the show accelerator and show license commands as shown in Figure 1.
- Figure 1. Verifying All Accelerator Status
For specific information on troubleshooting individual AOs, see the following articles: