Cisco Unity Connection Provisioning Interface (CUPI) API -- Searching and Sorting
Links to Other API pages: Cisco_Unity_Connection_APIs
|CUPI Guide Contents|
|API Overview |
Index of All CUPI Documentation
The general format of a search query is:
query=(column [is | startswith] value)
For example, to find all users that have an alias starting with the letter "a," the query would be:
query=(alias startswith a)
The full URL, including escaping spaces as %20, would be:
(For more information about escaping spaces, see the RFC for URIs.)
Sorting is similar to searching. The general format of a sort is:
sort=(column [asc | desc])
For example, to sort users by alias, the sort would be:
The full URL would be:
Note that spaces must be escaped in the URL as %20 (standard URL escape code for space).
Constraints on the Allowed Values in Search Queries and Sorts
Note the following constraints on the allowed values in the queries and sorts, based on database performance requirements:
- Sorts can support only a single column.
- Sorts can specify only a column that is indexed.
- Queries can support only an indexed column or a boolean column.
- Queries can specify more than one column only if all columns belong to a single compound index. (Note: the ability to specify more than one column is not yet implemented; at this time, only single criteria queries are allowed.)
- When both a query and a sort are specified, the sort column must be one of the columns in the query.
- Queries can use only two conditions: "is" and "startswith".