Cisco Unity Connection Notification Interface (CUNI) API
Links to Other API pages: Cisco_Unity_Connection_APIs
|CUNI Guide Contents|
|API Overview |
CUNI Event Schema
Subscribing to and Processing Notification Events
The Cisco Unity Connection Notification Interface (CUNI) API is a web service interface for managing subscriptions to events from Cisco Unity Connection systems. It provides a way to get asynchronous notifications when voice mail messages are received, deleted, or changed. CUNI can be used to integrate Connection into an existing enterprise-wide portal.
CUNI is designed to provide a simple, stable method of accessing the notification functionality on Connection systems through a standards based interface using XML and HTTPS.
Through CUNI, you can do the following:
- Subscribe for message events
- Subscribe for one or many users on a single channel
Note that CUNI is intended for use in server-to-server applications where receiving notifications for many users over a single connection is required. As such, it is designed to handle a small number of clients that are each subscribing for notifications on a large set of subscribers. It also requires Administrative credentials, making it inappropriate for browser applications to use directly.
CUNI is composed of two parts: a SOAP interface for subscribing, and an asynchronous piece (the Notifier) that delivers events as XML over HTTP.
- CUNI is standards-based: it implements a standard SOAP-based interface for managing subscriptions. Message events are sent as standard XML over HTTP.
- CUNI is easy to use: as a web-based interface, CUNI is independent of operating systems and programming languages, and does not require any client libraries to use.
Getting Started with CUNI
In order to begin developing with CUNI, you need to obtain the following:
- Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) for Cisco Unity Connection version 8.0 or later
- For detailed hardware-specification information, see the Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Supported Platforms List
- Cisco Unity Connection Software Ordering
- Not for Resale Kits (Must for eligible to purchase)
- Select Unified Communications System Release Kit
Discounts for some of the above hardware and software may be available for participants in the Cisco Technology Developer Program.
We recommend that all developers have an up-to-date Cisco Developer Services support agreement. This provides the developer with access to professional support and assistance for application development.
Other CUNI Resources
Additional information about CUNI is also available on the Cisco Developer Network (link to CDN). Note, however, that the documentation here on the DocWiki is the most up-to-date documentation available for CUNI.
To participate in the CUNI forum, see the CUNI forum on CDN.
See the following for information on troubleshooting all Connection APIs: