Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Voicemail -- Troubleshooting
General SRSV Troubleshooting
Using Traces for Troubleshooting
- Configure trace srsx srsv-engine all on SRSV-UMG.
- Configure show trace buffer tail.
- Issue Ctrl-C to stop the trace.
- Check the alerts displayed for failures on SRSV-UMG using show srsx alerts on CLI or the dashboard on the GUI.
Error Retrieving Voicemail Common Configuration
- Check the network connectivity test from SRSV-UMG.
- Check if the REST credentials set for the CUC server on SRSV-UMG match the CUC server Admin login credentials.
Error: Hostname not found in DNS
- If you see “Hostname not found in DNS” error while adding devices, make sure that these devices are configured in DNS server in both reverse and forward lookup zones.
- After creating these zones, if you still hit hostname not found errors, give clear ip dns cache in the CLI on SRSV-UMG and retry adding devices.
Unable to Connect to SRSV: Socket Timeout
- Check the network connectivity test from the SRSV-UMG GUI for success for that branch voicemail server.
- Check if the SRSV-CUE is registered with the correct PAT port number in the branch voicemail server page from the SRSV-UMG GUI.
- Check the NAT/PAT translations setup on the NAT router.
- Check the TLS security setting on the System > SRSV settings page in the SRSV-UMG GUI.
Language Not Installed
Problem: Language <language> is not installed.
Explanation: Not all Cisco Unity Connection configuration settings apply to the SRSV-CUE device.
Recommended Action 1: Check to see if the system default language on Cisco Unity Connection is installed on the SRSV-CUE device.
Recommended Action 2: Check to see if the subscriber’s default language is installed on the SRSV-CUE device.
Mailbox Count Reached Licensed Mailbox Count
Problem: Mailbox count reached or licensed mailbox count reached.
Solution: Check to see if there are enough mailbox licenses for subscribers. Use the show license CLI command.
Error Updating REST Passwords
- Re-register the SRSV-CUE to make the passwords in sync with SRSV-UMG. In SRSV-CUE to register, use the CLI messaging-gateway srsx register <umg-ip-addr> user <name> password <passwd> site <site-name> command.
Security Certificate Troubleshooting
Checking that the Certificates are Copied Correctly
- Check if the crypto certificates of CUC and CUCM are copied onto SRSV-UMG. Use the following CLI command to copy the certificates:
crypto key import trustcacert label CUC80 url ftp: # show trace buffer tail
SSL/TLS Handshake Fails when Getting SRST References
- Check if the services on CUCM are up and running.
- Check that you can ping CUCM from SRSV-UMG.
- Run a network connectivity test from the SRSV-UMG GUI.
- Ensure that the CUCM certificate is copied onto SRSV-UMG.
SRST References Failed
- Check if the CUCM AXL credentials on SRSV-UMG are configured correctly.
- Check that the CUCM services are up and SRSV-UMG can reach CUCM.
- Run a network connectivity test from the SRSV-UMG GUI.
- Ensure that the AXL service is up on CUCM.
- Ensure that the CUCM certificate is set up on SRSV-UMG.
- Use the sh trace buffer tail CLI command.
HTTPS Hostname Mismatch with X.509 Certificate
- Check if the certificate from CUCM has the CN as the fully qualified domain name. For example, CN=cucm80.conn.cisco.com. Can be checked from SRSV-UMG using the CLI command show crypto key all.
- If not, then add the DNS server name and domain name to CUCM. Check Show > Network from the CUCM OS administration. Regenerate the certificate on CUCM from Security > Certificate Management and do the CLI command generate new.
- Reload CUCM and check that the new tomcat certificate has the full CN name.
- Check if the validity time on certificate is not later than the time on SRSV-UMG and then copy the certificate to UMG.
Certificate Installation Fails
If certificate installation fails with “Failed due to importing certificate is not yet valid”, check the validity of the certificate and the clock on SRSV-UMG/SRSV-CUE.
Problem: Provisioning fails because the system has reached the maximum mailbox size.
Solution: Reduce the mailbox size by updating the Mailbox Size parameter on the Site Template Profile page.
Problem: The set time for scheduled provisioning was missed because the system was down for maintenance.
Solution 1: Wait until the next provisioning time.
Solution 2: Perform a manual provision.
Backup and Restore Troubleshooting
Problem: The backup and/or restore process failed.
Solution: Ensure that you correctly configured the backup server.
SRSV-CUE Registration Troubleshooting
Problem: SRSV-CUE device registration failed.
Solution: Ensure that the user who is doing the registering has the srsx privilege.
Problem: A subscriber who was just created in Cisco Unity Connection and was provisioned on Cisco Unified SRSV does not know their PIN.
Solution: The subscriber must set up their voicemail preferences on Cisco Unity Connection before they can log in to Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE devices.
Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) Issues
Problem: The MWI feature does not work in SRSV mode for unsolicited.
Solution: Ensure that the MWI feature is enabled for the site template. Then ensure that the correct site template is applied to the site.
Problem: The MWI feature does not work in SRSV mode for sub-notify.
Solution 1: Check the configuration on IOS.
Solution 2:Ensure that the MWI feature is enabled for the site template. Then ensure that the correct site template is applied to the site.
Solution 3:To see if the MWI feature works, enter the CLI command mwi refresh all on the SRSV-CUE device.
Problem: The system prompts subscribers for a PIN when dialing in to their voicemail using the TUI.
Solution 1: Ensure that the PINless login feature has been configured for the subscriber on Cisco Unity Connection by using the following CLI command: show voicemail detail mailbox user_name.
Solution 2: Ensure that the provisioning was successful.
Solution 3: Ensure that you have configured the PINless settings for the subscriber.
Problem: The subscriber cannot log in from any phone without a PIN.
Solution: Manually configure PINless login so that subscribers can log in without a PIN from any phone.