Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Voicemail -- Troubleshooting
General SRSV Troubleshooting
Using Traces for Troubleshooting
- Configure “trace srsx srsv-engine all” on SRSV-UMG
- Configure “show trace buffer tail”
- Issue Ctrl-C to stop the trace
- Check the alerts displayed for failures on SRSV-UMG using “show srsx alerts” on CLI or Dashboard on GUI
Error Retrieving Voicemail Common Configuration
- Check network connectivity test from SRSV-UMG
- Check if the REST credentials set for the CUC server on SRSV-UMG match the CUC server Admin login credentials
Error: Hostname not found in DNS
- If you see “Hostname not found in DNS” error while adding devices, make sure that these devices are configured in DNS server in both reverse and forward lookup zones.
- After creating these zones, if you still hit hostname not found errors, give “clear ip dns cache” in CLI on SRSV-UMG and retry adding devices
Unable to Connect to SRSV: Socket Timeout
- Check the network connectivity test from SRSV-UMG GUI for success for that Branch VM server.
- Check if the SRSV-CUE is registered with the correct PAT port # in Branch Voicemail server page from SRSV-UMG GUI
- Check the NAT/PAT translations setup on NAT router
- Check the TLS Security setting in System->SRSV settings page in SRSV-UMG GUI.
Language Not Installed
PROBLEM: Language <language> is not installed.
EXPLANATION: Not all Cisco Unity Connection configuration settings apply to the SRSV-CUE device.
RECOMMENDED ACTION 1: Check to see if the system default language on Cisco Unity Connection is installed on the SRSV-CUE device. RECOMMENDED ACTION 2: Check to see if the subscriber’s default language is installed on the SRSV-CUE device.
Mailbox Count Reached Licensed Mailbox Count
PROBLEM: Mailbox count reached or licensed mailbox count reached.
SOLUTION: Check to see if there are enough mailbox licenses for subscribers. Use the show license CLI command.
Error Updating REST Passwords
- Re-register the SRSV-CUE to make the passwords in sync with SRSV-UMG. In SRSV-CUE to register, use the CLI “messaging-gateway srsx register <umg-ip-addr> user <name> password <passwd> site <site-name>”
Security Certificate Troubleshooting
Checking that the Certificates are Copied Correctly
- Check if the crypto certificates of CUC and CUCM are copied onto SRSV-UMG. Use the following CLI command to copy the certificates:
crypto key import trustcacert label CUC80 url ftp: # show trace buffer tail
SSL/TLS Handshake Fails when Getting SRST References
- Check if the services on CUCM are up and running
- Can ping CUCM from SRSV-UMG. Run Network Connectivity test from UMG GUI.
- CUCM Certificate is copied onto SRSV-UMG.
SRST References Failed
- Check if the CUCM AXL credentials on SRSV-UMG are configured correctly.
- CUCM services are up and SRSV-UMG can reach CUCM. Run network connectivity test from UMG GUI.
- AXL service is up on CUCM.
- CUCM certificate is set up on SRSV-UMG.
- Use sh trace buffer tail command
HTTPS Hostname Mismatch with X.509 Certificate
- Check if the certificate from CUCM has the CN as the fully qualified domain name ex.CN = cucm80.conn.cisco.com. Can be checked from SRSV-UMG using CLI “show crypto key all”
- If not, then add DNS server name , domain name to CUCM. Check show->network from CUCM OS administration. Regenerate the certificate on CUCM from security->certificate management and “generate new”
- Reload CUCM , check that the new tomcat certificate has the full CN name
- Check if the validity time on certificate is not later than the time on SRSV-UMG and then copy the certificate to UMG
Certificate Installation Fails
If certificate installation fails with “Failed due to importing certificate is not yet valid”, check the validity of the certificate and the clock on SRSV-UMG/SRSV-CUE.
Problem: Provisioning fails because the system has reached the maximum mailbox size.
Solution: Reduce the mailbox size by updating the Mailbox Size parameter on the Site Template Profile page.
Problem: The set time for scheduled provisioning was missed because the system was down for maintenance.
Solution 1: Wait until the next provisioning time. Solution 2: Perform a manual provision.
Backup and Restore Troubleshooting
Problem: The backup and/or restore process failed.
Solution: Ensure that you correctly configured the backup server.
SRSV-CUE Registration Troubleshooting
Problem: SRSV-CUE device registration failed.
Solution: Ensure that the user who is doing the registering has the srsx privilege.
Problem: A subscriber who was just created in Cisco Unity Connection and was provisioned on Cisco Unified SRSV does not know their PIN.
Solution: The subscriber must set up their voicemail preferences on Cisco Unity Connection before they can log in to Cisco Unified SRSV-CUE devices.
Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) Issues
Problem: The MWI feature does not work in SRSV mode for unsolicited.
Solution: Ensure that the MWI feature is enabled for the site template. Then ensure that the correct site template is applied to the site.
Problem: The MWI feature does not work in SRSV mode for sub-notify.
Solution 1: Check the configuration on IOS. Solution 2:Ensure that the MWI feature is enabled for the site template. Then ensure that the correct site template is applied to the site. Solution 3:To see if the MWI feature works, enter the CLI command mwi refresh all on the SRSV-CUE device.
Problem: The system prompts subscribers for a PIN when dialing in to their voicemail using the TUI. Solution 1: Ensure that the PINless login feature has been configured for the subscriber on Cisco Unity Connection by using the following CLI command: show voicemail detail mailbox user_name. Solution 2: Ensure that the provisioning was successful. Solution 3: Ensure that you have configured the PINless settings for the subscriber.
Problem: The subscriber cannot log in from any phone without a PIN. Solution: Manually configure PINless login so that subscribers can log in without a PIN from any phone.