Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Voicemail -- Troubleshooting
General SRSV Troubleshooting
Using Traces for Troubleshooting
- Configure “trace srsx srsv-engine all” on SRSV-UMG
- Configure “show trace buffer tail”
- Issue Ctrl-C to stop the trace
- Check the alerts displayed for failures on SRSV-UMG using “show srsx alerts” on CLI or Dashboard on GUI
Error Retrieving Voicemail Common Configuration
- Check network connectivity test from SRSV-UMG
- Check if the REST credentials set for the CUC server on SRSV-UMG match the CUC server Admin login credentials
Error: Hostname not found in DNS
- If you see “Hostname not found in DNS” error while adding devices, make sure that these devices are configured in DNS server in both reverse and forward lookup zones.
- After creating these zones, if you still hit hostname not found errors, give “clear ip dns cache” in CLI on SRSV-UMG and retry adding devices
Unable to Connect to SRSV: Socket Timeout
- Check the network connectivity test from SRSV-UMG GUI for success for that Branch VM server.
- Check if the SRSV-CUE is registered with the correct PAT port # in Branch Voicemail server page from SRSV-UMG GUI
- Check the NAT/PAT translations setup on NAT router
- Check the TLS Security setting in System->SRSV settings page in SRSV-UMG GUI.
Language Not Installed
PROBLEM: Language <language> is not installed.
EXPLANATION: Not all Cisco Unity Connection configuration settings apply to the SRSV-CUE device.
RECOMMENDED ACTION 1: Check to see if the system default language on Cisco Unity Connection is installed on the SRSV-CUE device. RECOMMENDED ACTION 2: Check to see if the subscriber’s default language is installed on the SRSV-CUE device.