Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 8.0 -- Installing MeetingPlace Conference Manager
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 17:17, 2 July 2010
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 8.0
Up one level: MeetingPlace Conference Manager
The MeetingPlace Conference Manager application allows system administrators and Help Desk personnel to manage and monitor active Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meetings. It is a Java Swing-based desktop application, which communicates with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server through Webservices SOAP API.
- About Java Web Start
- Downloading and Installing MeetingPlace Conference Manager
- Uninstalling MeetingPlace Conference Manager
- Configuring MeetingPlace Conference Manager
- Changing the Look and Feel of MeetingPlace Conference Manager
About Java Web Start
Java Web Start is an application-deployment technology developed by Sun Microsystems that gives users the ability to launch full-featured applications with a single click. Java Web Start includes the security features of the Java platform, so the integrity of user data and files is never compromised. In addition, Java Web Start technology enables users to use the latest Java SE technology with any browser.
With Java Web Start, it is possible to launch applications simply by selecting on a Web page link. If the application is not present on the computer of the user, Java Web Start automatically downloads all of the necessary files. It then caches the files on the computer so the application is always ready to be relaunched either from a desktop icon or from the browser link. As a result, users are always presented with the most current version of the application.
For more information about Java Web Start visit its official page at this URL: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javaws/index.html.
MeetingPlace Conference Manager Updates
Java Web Start regularly contacts the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server from which the application is installed to check if there is a newer version available. If a newer version is available, it is automatically downloaded and started.
If the server version could not be checked, the current (cached) version of MeetingPlace Conference Manager is started.
Note: Java Web Start might prompt users to provide their Cisco Unified MeetingPlace credentials to access the Application Server.
Downloading and Installing MeetingPlace Conference Manager
Before You Begin
- You must have Java JRE 6.0 or later and Java Web Start installed. See the About Java Web Start for information about Java Web Start.
- You must have a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace profile with either System Manager or Attendant privileges.
- Configure the click-to-attend links in the Administration Center. See Configuring Click-to-Attend Links in the Configuring Email Notifications for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace module.
Do not install MeetingPlace Conference Manager on a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server that is running the Cisco Security Agent (CSA). CSA blocks the MeetingPlace Conference Manager-required connection from the Web Server to the Application Server.
- Sign in to the Administration Center.
- Select Services > Download MeetingPlace Conference Manager.
- Note: If you do not have Java JRE 6.0 installed, selecting the download link will automatically take you to the Sun download site.
- Select the link to download MeetingPlace Conference Manager.
- Choose to save the meetingmanager.jnlp file.
- Java Web Start downloads all required files.
- Double-click the meetingmanager.jnlp icon to start the installation.
- (Optional) If Java Web Start prompts you for your user credentials, enter your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user ID and password to authorize the download from the Application Server.
- (Optional) If you receive a security warning, select OK.
- Select Accept for the license agreement.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Uninstalling MeetingPlace Conference Manager
You can uninstall MeetingPlace Conference Manager by using the Add/Remove Programs feature that comes with your operating system or from the Java Control Panel.
If you have problems uninstalling MeetingPlace Conference Manager, first uninstall Java JRE and then uninstall MeetingPlace Conference Manager by using the Add/Remove Programs feature.
Configuring MeetingPlace Conference Manager
MeetingPlace Conference Manager automatically inherits the Network Settings defined in the Java Control Panel. Java Control Panel, a part of the standard OS Control Panel, is the main configuration utility for all Java Web Start-based applications.
For example, if MeetingPlace Conference Manager needs to use a proxy server to access a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server, make sure that you first define the proxy setting in the Java Control Panel.
For more information, see the Java Control Panel documentation.
Changing the Look and Feel of MeetingPlace Conference Manager
Before You Begin
If you have not opened the application, double-click the meetingmanager.jnlp icon on your desktop.
- Select the Properties button.
- The Application Properties window displays.
- Choose one of the available Look and Feel drop-down menu options.
- Select OK.