Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- Introducing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway
About Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway application allows Cisco Unified MeetingPlace to use your corporate Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) e-mail server to distribute e-mail notifications to invited participants about meetings that are scheduled by using Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway distributes e-mail notifications when a meeting is scheduled, changes are made, or the meeting is canceled. The application runs on a Microsoft Windows server.
The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway allows you to do the following:
- Distribute e-mail notifications for scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meetings
- Distribute meeting attachments with meeting notifications
- Provide a link in the e-mail notification that users can use to join the audio, data, or video portion of a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meeting
- Notify the meeting scheduler that consecutive meetings have not been attended or that the term set for scheduled meetings is about to expire
How E-Mail Notification Works
The following is an overview of how Cisco Unified MeetingPlace distributes e-mail notification to users who are invited to attend a meeting:
- A user schedules a meeting in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server places a notification of the schedule in a post office box.
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway then completes the following:
- Gets the schedule notification from the post office.
- Verifies that the user profile of the scheduler is configured to send notifications.
- Reviews the schedule and determines which notification template to use to create the e-mail messages that will be distributed to the invited participants.
- Verifies that the user profiles of meeting invitees are configured to receive notification.
- Uses the information in the schedule and in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user profiles to create an e-mail message for each invited participant.
- Passes these messages to the corporate SMTP e-mail server to distribute to the participants.
Release 6.1 of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace SMTP E-Mail Gateway supports the Russian language, including end-user SMTP e-mail notifications. All administrative interfaces and documentation remain in English.