Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- About Recording Custom Voice Prompts by Calling into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Revision as of 15:54, 8 February 2011 by MeetingPlace Moderator
To record custom voice prompts, do the following procedures, in the order presented:
- To Prepare to Record a Custom Voice Prompt by Calling into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
- To Create a Custom Voice Prompt by Calling into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Keep the following points in mind when creating custom voice prompts by calling into the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system:
- There will no longer be uniformity across all Cisco Unified MeetingPlace systems because the custom voice prompt will be different than the other voice prompts.
- This is a lengthy process so you should only create a custom voice prompt by calling into the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system if you are customizing a few voice prompts.
To Prepare to Record a Custom Voice Prompt by Calling into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
- Ensure that you have obtained the following:
- List of voice prompts. See [[Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- List of Customizable Voice Prompts#Appendix G, "List of Customizable Voice Prompts."
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server Release 5.1 or later installed, with telephony access.
- Determine which voice prompt you want to customize. Generally, there is a one-to-one correlation between what you hear in the VUI and the voice prompts.
- Note: Some prompt names are identical so you may have to copy all the matching prompt numbers until you locate the one that activates the changes that you want to make.
- Find the prompt number for that voice prompt by looking in List of Voice Prompts
- Note: Some voice prompts that you hear on the VUI are comprised of several smaller prompts, so you may need to customize more than one voice prompt.
To Create a Custom Voice Prompt by Calling into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
- Call into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace server.
- At the main VUI menu, press 2 and log into Cisco Unified MeetingPlace as a profiled user with System Manager privileges.
- Press 9 for system manager options.
- Press 1 to listen to or record a voice prompt.
- Enter the number of the voice prompt and press #.
- Select a choice from the submenu:
- Press 1 to hear the standard, unabbreviated prompt.
- Press 2 to hear the standard, abbreviated prompt.
- Press 3 to record a custom voice prompt to replace this voice prompt.
- Press 4 to record a flex menu prompt to replace this voice prompt (not covered by this procedure).
- Press 5 to go back to the menu in Step 5.
- Press * to back out to the main menu in Step 2.
- When you are done, hang up.
- Test your new custom voice prompt by following the steps in the To Test Custom Voice Prompt Installation, Option 1.
- Save your custom voice prompt. If a server disk containing the custom voice prompt is damaged or replaced, you will have to record the custom voice prompts again.