Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- About Maintaining the SQL Database
The SQL database needs regular maintenance. If the SQL database is running slowly, or if the SQL database is running on a remote SQL server, then you should run this procedure on a nightly or weekly basis.
The following procedure refers to the local instance of SQL Server 2000 that is installed as part of the MeetingPlace installation (as opposed to a remote SQL install). For security purposes, the xp_regread stored procedure is not accessible, therefore in order to create or modify SQL maintenance jobs, you must enable the xp_regread stored procedure. Failure to enable this stored procedure will result in the following error message: Error 2812: Could not find stored procedure "master.dbo.xp_regread." If you are not using the SQL installation that is part of the MeetingPlace installation, you may skip this step.
Important Note:The next time MeetingPlace services are restarted, SQL jobs will continue to run, however you will not be able to modify them. To modify existing SQL jobs, run the SQL Query Analyzer commands below in Step 1 again. If you have any SQL jobs that depend on the xp_regread stored procedure, those jobs will fail when MeetingPlace services are restarted as xp_regread is automatically removed from the system for security purposes during startup.
To create or modify an SQL maintenance job:
- Use the SQL Query Analyzer on the MeetingPlace Web server to allow SQL to provide the ability to create or modify SQL jobs:
- USE master
- IF EXISTS (SELECT* FROM master.dbo.sysobjects WHERE name = 'xp_regread')
- EXEC sp_dropextendedproc 'xp_regread'
- EXEC sp_addextendedproc 'xp_regread', 'xpstar.dll'
- DENY EXECUTE ON xp_regread TO PUBLIC
- Launch SQL Enterprise Manager.
- Select the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing database, which is named something similar to MPWEB_<GUID_ID>.
- Using the menu options at the top of the window, select Tools and then Wizards.
- Expand on the Management option, then select Database Maintenance Plan Wizard.
- On the Welcome to the Database Maintenance Plan Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Select Database page, select the database and click Next.
- On the Update Data Optimization Information page, check Reorganize data and index pages and click Next.
- (Optional) Change the schedule on which this maintenance procedure runs.
- On the Database Integrity Check page, click Next.
- On the Specify the database backup plan page, uncheck Backup the database. Click Next.
- On the Specify backup disk directory page, click Next.
- On the Specify the transaction log backup plan page, click Next.
- On the Reports to generate page, click Next.
- On the Maintenance Pan History page, click Next.
- On the Completing the maintenance plan wizard page, click Finish.