Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- About Customizing the Audio Server
While the Audio Server system is completely functional as installed, you can customize the system to suit your special uses and applications. The following sections tell you how to:
- Customize meeting notifications
- Create flex fields
- Choose abbreviated or unabbreviated voice prompts
- Customize the voice prompts that users hear
Customizing Meeting Notifications
To assist users receiving notifications by e-mail, you can customize your company e-mail messages with information on how to attend meetings on Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and listen to recorded meetings.
To Customize Meeting Notifications
- In the MeetingTime Configure tab, select the Company Information topic, then click Query .
- This topic is located under the Company Specific Information heading in Views .
- When the values for the various attributes are displayed, scroll down until you see the How to Attend a Meeting and How to Access MeetingNotes attributes.
- Click the value area of these fields and enter the message you want to appear in your users' notifications.
- Table: Meeting Notification Parameters show examples of messages to use for the custom notification fields.
Table: Meeting Notification Parameters
How to attend a meeting
"Welcome to <Your company's name> MeetingPlace conference server. To attend voice conferences on the system, dial the MeetingPlace phone number and follow the voice prompts."
How to access MeetingNotes
"Users can record meetings, leave voice comments about a meeting, or attach relevant meeting materials. To access this feature, dial the MeetingPlace phone number and select option 3."
Listing Alternative Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Phone Numbers in Notifications
As a system administrator, you can identify up to three different phone numbers for accessing a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace conference server. For example, specify these phone numbers:
- A toll-free (1-800) number for participants outside of the area
- A local phone number for field staff or local participants
- An extension number for participants to use when calling from within the company
To Enter Alternative Phone Numbers
- Log in to MeetingTime.
- In the MeetingTime Configure tab, select the Telephony Access topic and click Query .
- Set the following attributes:
- For the 1st Alternate Ph Number attribute, enter the alternative phone number.
- For the Label for Notifications attribute, enter a label for the phone number. For example, Toll-Free Number or Extension Number.
- If your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system has a second or third alternative phone number, repeat Step 2 and Step 3, using the 2nd Alternate Ph Number and 3rd Alternative Ph Number attributes.
- Click Save Changes .