Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Operating System
Revision as of 23:05, 17 December 2009 by Docwikibot
Previous page: Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express
Before You Begin:
Complete everything here: Preparing to Install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express
- Insert the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express DVD into the DVD-ROM drive of the server on which you are going to install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express.
- Note: The server on which you install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express will be reformatted during the installation. We suggest using an unformatted server.
- Boot the computer from the DVD.
- The system checks that this is a valid platform. You do not see this check unless your platform is invalid.
- If your platform is invalid, the system displays an error message, aborts the installation, and displays a log with information.
- If your platform is valid, the installation continues.
- The system checks that there is an existing operating system. You do not see this check unless you have an existing operating system, in which case the system asks if you want to overwrite it.
- If you choose not to overwrite the existing operating system, the installation process aborts and the DVD ejects.
- If you choose to continue the installation, the system overwrites the existing operating system and any existing data will be lost. You have 30 seconds to choose to continue; otherwise, the system aborts the installation and ejects the DVD.
- If your system does not have an operating system, the installation continues.
- The computer performs a system check that inspects the hard drive, the RAID, and the BIOS.
- If the system does not need to reconfigure any part of the system, it displays a green check mark next to each component name and continues.
- If the system needs to reconfigure any part of the system, it displays two green circular arrows next to the component name and automatically reboots after 15 seconds. During these 15 seconds, you can hit any key to pause the check and read the message. After pausing, you must click Restart to continue. After rebooting, the installation process continues from where it left off.
- Depending on your system configuration, it may reboot up to three times. This happens automatically.
- The system continues to the media check screen. You can check the media disk by clicking Check. We recommend that you perform this check.
- Note: This step is skipped by default.
- If the media check fails, you can either abort the installation or continue. If you continue with the installation, there may be errors. The media check can take up to 10 minutes.
- The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system loads and installs from the DVD. This takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system installation is complete, the DVD-ROM drive ejects the DVD. The system displays a message informing you that the installation is complete. A link to the operating system release notes appears.
- Keep the DVD in the DVD-ROM drive but do not close it.
- Press Enter or click Exit to reboot your computer.
What to Do Next: