Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Configuring the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Server
Previous page: Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express
Note: If at any time, a dialog box seems to disappear, it is probably in the background. Click Alt-Escape to switch back to the dialog box.
Before You Begin:
Perform the procedure here: Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Operating System
- The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system displays the Welcome page with an introductory message informing you that there are a few more steps to take before your system is ready to use. Click Next.
- The Network Setup page appears. Enter values in the following fields. All fields are required except for the Secondary DNS Information field:
- Caution! Be sure you enter the correct network setting information here. If you need to change any of this information after the installation is complete, you must use the net command. See the Configuration and Maintenance Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.x for more information about using the net command.
- DNS Information:
- Ethernet Port 1 (device eth0): use for HTTP & VOICE access:
- Ethernet Port 2 (device eth1): use for RTMP (web conferencing) access:
- Auto Negotiation
- Speed (Full Duplex)
- Mail Server
- See the Worksheet 2-1: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Installation Parameters for Release 2.x for information about these parameters.
- Click Next.
- On the Timezone page, set the Time zone for the system by following these steps:
- Scroll through the list of time zones.
- Select the time zone that best represents where the system resides.
- Ensure that the checkbox next to System clock uses UTC is checked.
- Click Next.
- On the Date and Time page, set the date and time for the system by following these steps:
- In the Date box, select today's date. Click the left and right arrows to move to a different month or year.
- In the Time box, set the hour, minute, and second to the current time.
- (Optional) Enable NTP (Network Time Protocol). This lets your computer synchronize its clock with a remote time server using NTP. Check the box next to this option to enable NTP.
- Caution! Be sure you enter the correct date and time. You must reinstall the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express operating system and application if you need to change the date or time of your server in the future.
- Click Next.
If at any time your system hangs, it may be because you skipped the media check in Step 6. If you skipped the media check, abort the installation and start over. Do not skip the media check this time.
What to Do Next: