Cisco Unified MeetingPlace -- DocWiki Information
m (1 revision)
|(2 intermediate revisions not shown)|
Latest revision as of 07:05, 9 November 2013
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1
Information About the DocWiki
The first time that we release documentation for a major release (such as Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 8.0), we release it on Cisco.com. We then convert the administration documentation (except for Release Notes) into DocWiki format. We do not convert end-user documentation to DocWiki format.
All updates to the documentation will then occur on the DocWiki only. The original documents on Cisco.com are not updated unless there is another major release of the product. For minor and maintenance releases, we only update the documentation on the DocWiki and not the documents on Cisco.com or the online help within the application.
Who Can Update the Documentation on the DocWiki?
One advantage of the DocWiki is that anyone with a Cisco.com user ID and password (so Cisco employees, contractors, and certain customers) can update the documentation on the DocWiki. This helps to promote collaboration.
How Do You Update the DocWiki?
Updating the DocWiki is easy!
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have a Cisco.com user ID and password.
- Click Log in on the top right.
- Enter your Cisco. com user ID and password.
- Navigate to the page that you want to update.
- On the top of the page, click edit.
- NOTE: We do not recommend clicking  on the side of the pages
- You are now in editing mode.
- Make changes.
- At the bottom of the page, in the box called "Summary/Reason" enter a short description of your changes or why you are making the changes.
- Click Save page.
The system sends a notification of the change to the documentation team. The documentation team reviews all DocWiki changes to make sure that they follow Cisco guidelines.