Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.1 -- How to Install the Jabber with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Integration
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.1
Unlike other Cisco Unified MeetingPlace integrations, the Jabber integration is installed on a standalone server and not on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server. Perform the following steps in the order listed to install the Jabber with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace integration:
Installing the Jabber XCP Server on the Standalone Server
Before You Begin
- Install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. See Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.1.
- Find a standalone server on which to install all the Jabber integrations. This server must have Enterprise Cisco Linux (ECS) or Red Hat Linux Release 3.0 or Release 4.0 installed on it.
- Perform all the tasks in How to Prepare to Install Jabber with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
Note: In this procedure, to accept the default value at any time, press Enter.
- Log in to the standalone server as the root user.
- Enter ./xcp-core-installer-<Jabber version number>-linux.bin at the command line, to install all of the core Jabber XCP server components to the default location, which is /opt/jabber.
- Enter a cluster name for this server.
- Enter the realm name for this server.
- Enter the FQDN or hostname of your Jabber XCP server. If you enter a hostname, it must be resolvable to the IP address of the server where the Connection Manager process runs.
- Enter the IP address of the Jabber XCP server. This must be a static IP address.
- Enter a port number for the Jabber XCP component connections.
- Enter a password to be used for router and component authentication. All components will use the same authentication password.
- Enter the port number that the Jabber XCP Controller will use to listen for web browser requests.
- Enter root when prompted to enter the login name for the Jabber XCP Controller Administrator.
- Enter cisco123 when prompted to enter the password for the Jabber XCP Controller Administrator.
- Confirm the password.
- Enter n at the Configure Oracle prompt.
- Enter n at the Configure DB2 prompt.
- Enter the staging (upload) directory path for file transfers.
- Enter y to allow others to have read privileges for files in the staging directory.
- Enter the final directory path for file transfers.
- Enter y to allow others to have read privileges for files in the final directory.
Starting the Jabber XCP Server Controller
- Enter cd /opt/jabber/bin/ to navigate to the bin subdirectory of the Jabber XCP installation directory.
- Enter ./runcontroller start to start the Jabber XCP Controller.
- Enter https://<xcp_server_IP>:<port>/admin to connect to the Jabber XCP Controller. For example, enter https://jabber.lab.pst:7300/admin.
- Select Accept this certificate temporarily for this session.
- Click OK.
- The system displays a message because you are connecting via SSL and the certificate is being signed by Jabber, Inc., which is not a certificate authority.
- Enter the username and the password for the Jabber XCP Controller Administrator at the login prompt.
- Click OK.
- Click start the system now on the Jabber XCP Controller System page.
Starting and Stopping the Jabber XCP Server
The runjabber script (which is located in the bin subdirectory of the Jabber XCP installation directory) starts and stops the Jabber XCP server. It also allows you to see the status of the server and to view or change the logging level.
Note: When you start the Jabber XCP server, all events are logged to syslog by default.
- Enter cd /opt/jabber/bin to navigate to the bin subdirectory of the Jabber XCP installation directory.
- Enter ./runjabber start to run the runjabber script to start the Jabber XCP server.
- Enter ./runjabber stop to stop the Jabber XCP server.
Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Jabber Integration
- Enter chmod 775 install_jabber_7_0_0_1.bin to install the Jabber with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace integration.
- Start the Jabber XCP server.
- The system displays the Jabber XCP Controller System page.
- Select Cisco Broker from the Add a new list box in the Components section.
- Click Go.
- Check Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Command on the Cisco Broker Configuration page.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server.
- Enter "MeetingPlace" for the MeetingPlace Server Type field.
- Click Submit.
- The system displays the System page. In the Components section, the cisco component should be red.
- Click Restart the system.
- Click Start to activate the cisco component.