Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Specifying Languages for Users
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
The language setting in each user group or user profile affects the following items:
- Language used in e-mail notifications received by the user.
- Language used after logging in to the end-user web interface, from which users schedule, find, and attend meetings.
- Voice prompt language heard by the user after successful authentication.
- During active meetings, however, voice prompts heard by all meeting participants use the meeting language. If the meeting scheduler does not specify the meeting language, the Language configured in the user profile of the meeting owner becomes the meeting language.
- Default language used in the web meeting room for meetings that are scheduled by the user.
- All meeting participants see the same language used in the web meeting room. By default, scheduled meetings use the language in the user profile of the meeting owner, but a different language may be selected while scheduling the meeting.
- Language used in reservationless meetings that are set up by the user.
- All reservationless meeting participants see the web meeting room in the language specified in the user profile of the meeting owner. Users cannot select a different language.
- Format in which the date appears in the end-user web interface.
- Language that appears on the Cisco Unified IP Phone screen when subscribed to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace PhoneView.
Before You Begin
Enable the languages. See Enabling Installed Languages.
Users may override this setting by selecting a language through the end-user web interface. See the User Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_user_guide_list.html.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Click User Configuration.
- To configure a user group, click User Groups. To configure an individual user profile, click User Profiles.
- To configure an existing user group or user profile, click Edit. To configure a new user group or user profile, click Add New.
- Configure the Language field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this task for all user groups and user profiles for which you want to configure language preferences.