Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Recovering the Password for the mpxadmin Account
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Reference Information
Use this procedure to recover or change the mpxadmin user level password, which is initially set during installation.
- Log in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace operating system as the root user.
- At the password prompt, enter the root password.
- The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace operating system desktop appears.
- Right-click on the desktop.
- From the menu, select New Terminal.
- This brings up a terminal session.
- At the prompt, enter /root/.security/unimmunize.sh.
- At the prompt, enter passwd mpxadmin.
- This tells the server to set a new password for the user called mpxadmin.
- At the New password prompt, enter a new password. For security purposes, the password is displayed as a series of asterisks.
- Note: You may see a message that the password you entered is bad. Ignore this message.
- At the Retype new password prompt, re-enter the same password again.
- At the prompt, enter /root/.security/immunize.sh.
- On the desktop, click the Red Hat icon.
- Click Log Out.
- Click OK.