|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Prerequisites for Installing IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Integration
Restrictions for Using IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0
Be sure to communicate the following restrictions to the users who schedule meetings from the IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 integration:
- You cannot use the IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 integration with Cisco WebEx.
- IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 has the following limitations on the number of meeting recurrences that users can schedule:
|Meeting recurrence||Maximum number of meetings|
Reviewing System Requirements
Before installing IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0, read System Requirements for updated system requirements.
Gathering Installation Values
Gather and record the information below to prepare for your installation of IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0.
The location of the notes.ini file for your IBM Lotus Notes account. This file is usually in C:\Lotus\Notes or C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes.
Note: The installation program only prompts you for the location of this file if it cannot find it or if it detects more than one .ini file on your system.
Hostname, IP address, or FQDN of the internal Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server.
Hostname, IP address, or FQDN of the external Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server.
Password for the IBM Lotus Notes account on the Domino server.
URL for the internal Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server (required for the click-to-attend links).
URL for the external Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server (required for the click-to-attend links).
Uninstalling Other Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Notification Integrations
A Cisco Unified MeetingPlace server can only support one notification integration at a time. If you have another Cisco Unified MeetingPlace notification integration, such as Microsoft Outlook with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0, installed on this server, uninstall it before you install IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0.
- Stop all Cisco Unified MeetingPlace services. For more information, see the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 or the online help in the administrator interface.
- Select Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace integration that you want to remove (for example, Microsoft Outlook with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace).
- Click Remove.
- Restart the server.
- Verify that the system successfully uninstalled the notification integration.
Creating an IBM Lotus Notes Account for the IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Gateway
The IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 gateway uses this account to access IBM Lotus Notes and to send back-end notifications.
Tip: If you have more than one Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server, each with its own installation of IBM Lotus Notes with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0, create an IBM Lotus Notes account for each installation with a unique identifying name, such as MP-Boston or MP-Atlanta.
You must have Administrator permissions on the Lotus Domino Server.
- Log in to the IBM Domino Administrator.
- Click the tab with the name of your domain (for example, CISCO_Domain).
- Click the People & Groups tab from the Domain tab.
- Click People from the left pane of the People & Groups tab.
- In the right pane of the People and Groups tab, click the arrow next to the People icon to expand the drop-down menu, then choose Register.
- The system displays the Choose a Certifier window if this is the first time that you are registering a new account.
- Locate and choose the cert.id file.
- The default certifier ID is in C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Domino\Data.
- If the path to the cert.id file does not appear next to the Certifier ID button, click Certifier ID to open the Choose Certifier ID window.
- Click Open.
- Click OK in the Choose a Certifier window when the cert.id file path is correct.
- Enter a new password for the certifier ID.
- The system displays the Register Person window.
- Check Advanced to display all options on the page.
- Enter MeetingPlace in the Last name field.
- We recommend that you leave the First name field blank. The system automatically populates the ShortName field, based on the First name and Last name values. The value in the ShortName field is used to name the mail database for this user account (for example, mail/MeetingPlace).
- Enter your password for this account.
- Click Password Options.
- Adjust your Password Quality Scale in the Password Options window.
- Check Set internet password.
- Click OK.
- Click Mail.
- Choose Manager from the Mail file owner access drop-down list.
- From the Mail file template list, choose the template that you want to associate with this account, for example Mail(R8). You will later replace this template with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace mail template.
- Click the green checkmark button to add this user to the registration queue.
- Click Register.
- Click Done.
Moving the Mail Templates
Depending on the version of Lotus Domino that you are using, move your mail template to any other directory:
- Domino 6 or 6.5 -- For Lotus Domino Release 6 or 6.5 users, your mail template is called mail6.ntf.
- Domino 7 -- For Lotus Domino Release 7 users, your mail template is called mail7.ntf.
- Domino 8 -- For Lotus Domino Release 8 users, your mail template is called mail8.ntf.