Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Enabling Dial-Out Privileges for Users
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
Before You Begin
If you want to configure the Find Me dial-out feature, instead see Configuring the Find Me Dial-Out Feature.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Click User Configuration.
- Click User Groups or User Profiles, depending on whether you want to configure a user group or an individual user profile.
- Click Edit or Add New, depending on whether you want to configure an existing or a new user group or user profile.
- Note: If you want to enable dial-out privileges for guest users, edit the guest user profile.
- Set Can call out from meetings to Yes.
- (Optional) Set Ask for profile password to Yes.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for all user groups and user profiles for which you want to enable dial-out privileges.
When MeetingPlace outdials to the end user, and user does not answer the phone, call is usually picked up by a user voicemail. MeetingPlace announces to enter 1 to join meeting or 2 to stop system from calling. MeetingPlace is expecting user input and if none is provided it will repeat the sequence 5 times before finally disconnecting. Outdial by MeetingPlace is always expected to be answered by a user as MeetingPlace does not know how to distinguish between real user or the voice mail system answering the call.