|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Configuring Reservationless Meetings
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
Reservationless meetings begin immediately and have the following special characteristics:
- Anyone may join a reservationless meeting, unless a meeting password is in use.
- Anyone can access reservationless meeting recordings and attachments.
- The meeting ID for a reservationless meeting is the Profile number of the meeting owner.
- A meeting instance is created on demand when someone joins a meeting with a reservationless meeting ID. The meeting is terminated immediately when the last participant leaves.
- By default, the meeting subject is the Last name of the meeting owner.
- The system treats each instance of a reservationless meeting as a separate entity with its own unique conference ID, displayed as ConfNum in reports and exported data.
- Participants who join a reservationless meeting before the owner does are placed in a waiting room (where they cannot communicate with each other) until the meeting owner arrives, unless the following statements are true:
Note: For more information about reservationless meetings, see the User Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_user_guide_list.html.
- Because meeting IDs cannot be longer than 17 digits, users with Profile numbers longer than 17 digits cannot own reservationless meetings.
- Reservationless meeting IDs are permanently reserved and cannot be used for scheduled meetings.
- E-mail notifications are not sent for reservationless meetings.
- Reservationless meetings cannot be lecture-style meetings.
Before You Begin
- Reservationless meetings are enabled by default. Therefore, you only need to perform this task in the following cases:
- If you want to disable reservationless meetings either system-wide or for specific users.
- If you previously disabled reservationless meetings and want to reenable them.
- Many fields on the Meeting Configuration Page apply to reservationless meetings. Complete Configuring Meetings and Ports.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Enable reservationless meetings on the system:
- Enable reservationless meetings for users:
- Click User Configuration.
- Click User Groups or User Profiles, depending on whether you want to configure a user group or an individual user profile.
- Click Edit or Add New, depending on whether you want to configure an existing or a new user group or user profile.
- Set the Use reservationless field to Yes.
- (Optional) Configure these other user profile fields:
- Click Save.
- Repeat Step 3 for all user groups and user profiles for which you want to enable reservationless meetings.