Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Configuring Requirements for Meeting Passwords
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
Meeting passwords prevent uninvited people from attending meetings. You can increase the security of your system by:
- Requiring passwords for meetings scheduled by some or all users
- Requiring long meeting passwords
Before You Begin
Meeting password must be communicated to the meeting invitees in order for them to join the meeting:
- Configure user groups and user profiles to include meeting passwords in e-mail notifications. See Configuring User Preferences for E-Mail Notifications.
- If not all meeting invitees will receive e-mail notifications, the meeting scheduler or another organizer must manually communicate the meeting password.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Click System Configuration > Meeting Configuration.
- Configure the Minimum meeting password length field. A higher value is more secure than a lower value.
- Click Save.
- Click User Configuration.
- Click User Groups or User Profiles, depending on whether you want to configure a user group or an individual user profile.
- Click Edit or Add New, depending on whether you want to configure an existing or a new user group or user profile.
- Set the Meeting password required to Yes.
- Click Save.
- Repeat Step 5 through Step 9 for all user groups and user profiles for which you want to require meeting passwords.