Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Configuring Redirection of External Meetings
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
External meetings are held on an external Web Server so that users can access their meetings from the Internet. Rather than have all of your users log in to a particular external Web Server, configure automatic redirection of all external meetings from your internal Web Servers to a designated external Web Server.
Before You Begin
- Complete Prerequisites for Configuring SMA-2S.
- You must disable SSL before making any Site Configuration changes.
- Sign in to the end-user web interface on the internal Web Server.
- Click Admin.
- Configure the external web server.
- Click Web Server.
- From a blank Web Server Name field, enter the name of a new Web Server to represent your designated external Web Server.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your external Web Server in the Hostname field, that is, hostname.domain.com. If your Web Server is not in a Domain Name Server (DNS), enter the IP address instead.
- You must be able to resolve this hostname from the internal Web Server.
- If you are using SSL, make sure that the hostname on the SSL certificate resolves to the external Web Server IP address.
- If you are using SSL and a segmented DNS, make sure that the DNS name and the SSL certificate name differ.
- Click Submit to add this Web Server to the database.
- This server now appears as part of your list of Web Servers in the "View" section of the page.
- Assign your primary external web server to the DMZ Web Server field on the Admin page.
- Return to the main Administration page and click Site.
- Click the Site Name that represents your cluster of internal Web Servers.
- Note: Site Name should have a default value equal to the NetBIO name of the first Web Server you installed in this cluster.
- Select the external Web Server you just added for DMZ Web Server.
- This configures the internal Web Servers in this cluster to point to this external Web Server in the case of external meetings.
- Click Submit.
- Tip: The external cluster does not require any additional SQL Server database configurations.
What to Do Next
Proceed to How to Test Your SMA-2S Configuration.