Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Configuring Redirection of External Meetings
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
External meetings are held on an external Web Server so that users can access their meetings from the Internet. Rather than have all of your users log in to a particular external Web Server, configure automatic redirection of all external meetings from your internal Web Servers to a designated external Web Server.
Before You Begin
Complete Prerequisites for Configuring SMA-2S.
- Sign in to the end-user web interface on the internal Web Server.
- Click Admin.
- Click Web Server.
- From a blank Web Server Name field, enter the name of a new Web Server to represent your designated external Web Server.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your external Web Server in the Hostname field, that is, hostname.domain.com. If your Web Server is not in a Domain Name Server (DNS), enter the IP address instead.
- You must be able to resolve this hostname from the internal Web Server.
- If you are using SSL, make sure that the hostname on the SSL certificate resolves to the external Web Server IP address.
- If you are using SSL and a segmented DNS, make sure that the DNS name and the SSL certificate name differ.
- Click Submit to add this Web Server to the database.
- This server now appears as part of your list of Web Servers in the "View" section of the page.
- Return to the main Administration page and click Site.
- Click the Site Name that represents your cluster of internal Web Servers.
- Note: Site Name should have a default value equal to the NetBIO name of the first Web Server you installed in this cluster.
- Select the external Web Server you just added for DMZ Web Server.
- This configures the internal Web Servers in this cluster to point to this external Web Server in the case of external meetings.
- Click Submit.
- Tip: The external cluster does not require any additional SQL Server database configurations.
What to Do Next
Proceed to How to Test Your SMA-2S Configuration.