Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Configuring Direct Inward Dial for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
The Direct Inward Dial (DID) feature enables users to call directly into a meeting by dialing the meeting ID, instead of dialing one of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace access phone numbers on the Usage Configuration Page.
Before You Begin
Configure your call-control device to route DID calls to the Application Server.
For example, in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, configure a route pattern for each meeting ID that you want to make available for DID. Configure these route patterns to send calls to the trunk that leads to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server. See Configuring Call Control for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- Beginning in Release 7.0.2, DID callers can join meetings as profiled users through the auto attend feature. If, however, the Auto attend mode user profile field is set to None, the DID caller can join meetings only as a guest.
- In Release 7.0.1, all DID callers join meetings as guests.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Click System Configuration > Usage Configuration.
- Set the Route calls to meeting ID that matches DID field to Yes.
- Click Save.