Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Auto Attend Feature
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
The auto attend feature simplifies how users join meetings or log in over the phone. If a user calls the system from a phone number in the user profile, then the user is immediately authenticated and placed into the relevant meeting.
You can enable or disable the auto attend feature for specific user profiles and user groups. When enabled, you can also specify the following:
- Whether the user automatically enters meetings or is only automatically logged in.
- Whether the user must enter the Profile password.
The feature works as follows:
- A user calls Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- The system reads the automatic number ID (ANI), which is the phone number from which the user called.
- The system modifies the ANI according to the translation rules on the Auto Attend Translation Configuration Page, if any apply.
- If the (modified) ANI exactly matches the Main phone number or Alternate phone number in one user profile, then the system checks all meetings (except continuous meetings) as follows:
- Whether the user owns or is invited to any meetings that are in session or that are scheduled to begin.
- Whether the user was a participant in any meetings that are still in session.
- Whether anyone is in the waiting room of the reservationless meeting owned by the user.
- If multiple meetings or no meetings are found, then the system authenticates the user and lets the user select the meeting.
- If only one meeting is found, then the caller hears the meeting ID confirmation and is prompted to do one of the following:
- Press 1 to attend the meeting.
- Press * to hear menu options for authenticated users.
- The caller may hear additional prompts in the following situations:
- You configure the Auto attend requires profile password user profile field to Yes.
- Meeting requires a password.
- Caller needs to record a name or location.