|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- About Integration Option 1: Schedule and Attend Cisco WebEx Meetings from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Integration
Integration Option 1: Schedule and Attend Cisco WebEx Meetings from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
This Cisco WebEx integration option provides:
- Cisco WebEx network-based web conferencing
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace scheduled and reservationless audio conferencing, web conferencing, scheduling, notifications, and Microsoft Outlook integration.
Prerequisites for Integration Option 1: Schedule and Attend Cisco WebEx Meetings from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
- Obtain a Cisco WebEx account and site, such as cisco.webex.com.
- If you did not configure Network Time Protocol (NTP) on the Application Server during installation, use the net command to do so.
- Install the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server. See Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing Server.
- Configure Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing. See Quick Start Configuration: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Basic Web Conferencing.
- Configure Directory Service. See Configuring Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Directory Service.
- If you want end users to be able to download and use the Cisco WebEx plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, you must enable SSL on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server. See Configuring SSL for the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server.
End-User Information for Integration Option 1: Schedule and Attend Cisco WebEx Meetings from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Provide the following information to your end users:
- The URL of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace end-user web interface (http://<web-server>/), from which users log in and perform the following actions:
- Schedule meetings
- Attend meetings
- Access recordings of past meetings that were scheduled to use Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web conferencing.
- Information about accessing recordings of meetings that were scheduled to use Cisco WebEx web conferencing.
After each recorded Cisco WebEx meeting, the meeting owner (host) receives an e-mail from Cisco WebEx that includes a link to the meeting recording. The host can then forward the e-mail so that others can play back the recording.
The host can also access recordings by logging in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace end-user web interface and then clicking My WebEx > My Files > My Recordings.
Note: Whether Cisco WebEx or Cisco Unified MeetingPlace executes and stores a meeting recording depends on which web conferencing provider is selected (even if by default) when the meeting is scheduled. This is true even in meetings for which the web component is never used. Therefore, make sure that your end users know where to find their meeting recordings. This can be confusing for users who can choose between Cisco WebEx and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web conferencing while scheduling meetings.
- Profile number and profile password for logging in over the phone.
- User ID and user password for logging in over the web.
Note: All users must log in through the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace end-user web interface. Logging in directly through the Cisco WebEx end-user web interface is not supported in this Cisco WebEx integration deployment.
- Guidelines for users who can choose between Cisco WebEx and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web conferencing while scheduling meetings.
For example, you may want your users to choose Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web conferencing for internal meetings and choose Cisco WebEx web conferencing for external meetings.
- The URLs or printed copies of the following documents at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/products_user_guide_list.html:
- Quick Start Guide: Attending and Scheduling a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Meeting From Your Phone
- User Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace
Note: We recommend that you also notify your users of the applicable restrictions in Restrictions for Integrating Cisco Unified MeetingPlace with Cisco WebEx.