Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- About Customizing E-Mail Notification Templates
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Integrating with Microsoft Outlook
E-mail notification templates specify which information to include in the e-mail notifications. The templates also determine the order and formatting used to present that information. Although you can edit e-mail notification templates, they are designed to be language-independent by containing tags instead of actual e-mail message content. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace mail system replaces the text in the editable language property files. Each language that you install and enable on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system has a unique language property file.
- You cannot customize e-mail notification templates for a single user. Template changes affect all system-generated e-mail notifications.
- Tags are case-sensitive.
- E-mail notification graphics cannot be modified or replaced. New graphics cannot be added to e-mail notifications.
- These templates affect only the notifications that are sent when users schedule, reschedule, and cancel meetings from the Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- If you upgrade your system from an earlier release, the system overwrites all custom e-mail notification templates and replaces them with the standard e-mail notification templates.
- The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Microsoft Outlook integration with Release 6.0 supported both plain text and HTML-based notifications for meetings scheduled from Microsoft Outlook. HTML-based notifications are no longer supported in Release 7.0. Meetings scheduled from Microsoft Outlook, when integrated with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0, support plain-text notifications only.
See the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 or the online help in the administrator interface for information about editing e-mail notification templates.