Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace provides a rich-media conferencing solution that includes the following:
- Voice, web, and video-conferencing capabilities
- Centralized access
- Real-time collaboration
- Integrated-network security that uses the existing telephony or IP-based infrastructure of your organization
Documentation for Administrators
- Compatibility Matrix -- Lists the components (and their release numbers) that are compatible with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server Release 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 (Maintenance Release 1).
- Video Endpoint Compatibility -- Provides compatibility information between Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 and various video terminals when using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(2) or higher.
- System Requirements -- Lists the requirements for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0, including network requirements, hardware requirements, software requirements, end-user requirements for Web Conferencing, integration requirements, and migration requirements.
- Installation -- Includes information about how to install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0.1 and Release 7.0.2 (Maintenance Release 1), as well as information about how to upgrade to MR1 and information about migrating from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.0 to Release 7.0.
Documentation for End Users
Translated End User Guides: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps5664/ps5669/tsd_products_support_translated_end_user_guides_list.html
Information about the DocWiki
The first time that we release documentation for a major release (such as Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0), we release it in HTML onto Cisco.com. We then convert the administration documentation (except for Release Notes) into DocWiki format. We do not convert end-user documentation to DocWiki format.
All updates to the documentation will then occur on the DocWiki only. The original HTML documents on Cisco.com are not updated unless there is another major release of the product. For minor and maintenance releases, we only update the documentation on the DocWiki and not the HTML files or the online help within the application.
Who Can Update the Documentation on the DocWiki?
One advantage of the DocWiki is that anyone with a Cisco.com user ID and password (so Cisco employees, contractors, and certain customers) can update the documentation on the DocWiki. This helps to promote collaboration.
How Do You Update the DocWiki?
Updating the DocWiki is easy!
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have a Cisco.com user ID and password.
- Click Log in on the top right.
- Enter your Cisco. com user ID and password.
- Navigate to the page that you want to update.
- On the top of the page, click edit.
- NOTE: We do not recommend clicking  on the side of the pages
- You are now in editing mode.
- Make changes.
- At the bottom of the page, in the box called "Summary/Reason" enter a short description of your changes or why you are making the changes.
- Click Save page.
The system sends a notification of the change to the documentation team. The documentation team reviews all DocWiki changes to make sure that they follow Cisco guidelines.