Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- DocWiki Print Page
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 18:58, 26 August 2009
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x
Notes about Printing as PDF
The original idea behind converting the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace documents from Framemaker, PDF, and HTML to DocWiki is so that content can be updated by anyone and quickly. If you use the DocWiki, you will always have the latest version of the information. If you use the PDFs or HTML files on Cisco.com, those guides are only accurate when first posted and quickly become out of date. This is because we are no longer updating those guides. We are only updating the information on the DocWiki.
However, we get a lot of feedback from people saying that they would like a PDF of the information on the DocWiki, so that they can read it offline, or to make it easier to search. (Note: For tips on effective searching, see How to Search. Hint: Don't use the search box on the left!)
Therefore, we have installed a tool (see PDF Print Tool) that will allow you to easily make a PDF of any sets of DocWiki pages. Because you enter DocWiki page names, the PDF will always use the latest versions of the pages on the DocWiki.
Directions for Generating a PDF of Multiple DocWiki Pages at One Time
- Determine which group of pages you want to print. See Common Search Groups By Component and Common Search Groups By Function.
- Highlight and copy the list of page names for that group. (Do not click the links or you will go to the page. Do not include the group header name.)
- On the left, in the toolbox, right-click Special pages.
- Click Open in New Window.
- Scroll down and click Pdf Export.
- In the form, paste the list of DocWiki page names that you copied in step 2.
- Select Landscape for best results.
- Click Make PDF.
- Select either Open or Save.
The system generates a PDF of the pages you selected.