Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- About Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Jabber
With Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Jabber, users can initiate Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meetings from a Jabber Messenger client. The meeting initiator selects meeting invitees from a list of contacts and invites them to the meeting. Each invitee receives a message (and a pop-up window) inviting them to join the meeting. By clicking on a hyperlink in the invitation message, the invitees can enter the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing console and have the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server dial out to their phones.
Meetings initiated from a Jabber Messenger client use system default settings to determine scheduling parameters, with the following exceptions (which override the value set in the profile of the meeting scheduler):
- Password Required is set to No.
- Who Can Attend is set to Anyone.
Note the following additional considerations for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Jabber:
- Users can initiate meetings from Jabber Messenger whether or not they have reservationless meetings enabled on their user profiles.
- Meetings initiated from Jabber Messenger clients do not appear in Find Meetings search results, and do not generate e-mail notifications. Instead, notifications appear in the following ways:
- Invitees are notified by receiving an instant message that contains a hypertext meeting ID link.
- The user who initiated the meeting receives either an instant message or a broadcast tab from MeetingPlace that contains a hypertext meeting ID link.