Central Controller/AW/HDS Common Ground upgrade failure scenarios and roll back procedure
Issues found while running CCE 9.0(1) installer to upgrade from 8.5(2) or above to 9.0(1)
1. Un-install the available ICM version from Add/remove program
2. Un-install SQL Server 2008 and all its components.
3. Install SQL Server 2005 followed by SP 4.
4. Restore the ICM Database from the backup folder where the database were backed up before upgrade.
5. Ensure SQL protocol order of Named Pipes is higher than TCP/IP.
6. Delete all folders from "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information" and "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information" (if any).
7. Delete the ICM install folder. ex: c:\icm
8. Delete the below ICM related registry key/value if found.
o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.
o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cisco Systems, Inc.
9. Import the registry backup file from C:\Temp\UnifiedICM-CCE-CCHRegSave_*.reg
10. Install 8.0.1A along with required patch by specifying the patch installer during installation.
11. Create/Re-create new service account for Logger and AW process.
12. Start the Central Controller services.
Issues found during SQL Server 2008 Installation/EDMT Migration/Restoring the backed up SQL 2005 ICM Database in SQL 2008.
1. Un-install SQL Server 2008 and all its components.
2. Install SQL Server 2005 and SP 4.
3. Restore the ICM Database from the backup folder where the database were backed up before upgrade.
4. Ensure SQL protocol order of Named Pipes is higher than TCP/IP
5. Create/Re-create new service account for Logger and AW process.
6. Start the Central Controller services