CMB Unable to Establish RMI Link to CIM
Property File Validation
- Verify the correct settings are configured in the collaboration.properties file located on the CMB server. Navigate to C:\CiscoMB\servlet\Properties\Blender\colloaboration.properties
- Verify the correct settings are configured on the CIM CMB properties file located on the CIM Services Server. Navigate to C:\<CIM_Home_Direcotry>\eService\config\cmb\<ipAddressofCMB_port>.properties
You will need to rename this file to the correct IP address and port.
Any changes to properties files require a restart of Cisco Media Blender
CMB Parameter Validation in CIM
From the System Web Interface Navigate to System Console > Partitions > Default Partition > Listener Verify the following configuration in the CMB Parameters. The parameters in this table must match the name of the collaboration.properties file as configured above.
- Peripheral – Select the Agent PG which CIM is connecting to
- IP Side A – IP Address of the CMB Server
- Port Side A – Port CMB is listening on
Any changes to these CMB Parameters require a restart of the Listener process.
- From a command line verify the status of the CMB listening port:
Additional tracing can be enabled by changing the verbose level to 10. NOTE: USE THIS LEVEL WITH CAUTION IN PRODUCTION. BE SURE TO REVERT TO 5 WHEN FINISHED AND RESTART CMB
- To change tracing levels navigate to the blender.properties file located on the Cisco Media Blender in \CiscoMB\servlet\Properties\Blender
- Restart the Media Blender
- The CMB log file is located at C:
- This indicates the application is unable to create and start a registry on the specified port
- After changing the port as outlined in the sections above, restart the IIS and WWW windows process on the CMB server (Start > Run > services.msc)
- Prior to restarting CMB, don’t forget to change the logging level in the blender.properties file and restart CMB when troubleshooting is completed
CMB RMI Link issues can be a combination of issues with property files and Listener parameters.